Monday, September 9, 2013

The Spectacular Now -Tim Tharp



  • Paperback: 304 pages
Book Summary:
SUTTER KEELY. HE’S the guy you want at your party. He’ll get everyone dancing. He’ ll get everyone in your parents’ pool. Okay, so he’s not exactly a shining academic star. He has no plans for college and will probably end up folding men’s shirts for a living. But there are plenty of ladies in town, and with the help of Dean Martin and Seagram’s V.O., life’s pretty fabuloso, actually.
Until the morning he wakes up on a random front lawn, and he meets Aimee. Aimee’s clueless. Aimee is a social disaster. Aimee needs help, and it’s up to the Sutterman to show Aimee a splendiferous time and then let her go forth and prosper. But Aimee’s not like other girls, and before long he’s in way over his head. For the first time in his life, he has the power to make a difference in someone else’s life—or ruin it forever.


My thoughts
So, full disclosure I read about this book in a Style magazine. I know, VAPID much! I saw that Tim Tharp was the author and knowing that he is an Oklahoma boy I knew I should a least check it out! And I am SO thankful I did! What am incredible book! When reading the book back summary I was thinking this may be a little too cliche. It was and then it wasn't. You literally want to strangle Sutter at pretty much every point of the book and you also want to slap some sense into Sutter and Aimee. This book made me grateful for the high school experience that I had. The regular abuse of alcohol was a little off putting and made me high school teacher heart quite sad. In the end though you just want the best for Aimee and for Sutter. I would have liked to see another ending (I really am a romantic at heart) but the ending that was presented was probably best! Definitely check this one out! 


Happy Reading, Sugars
       Jaime 
     

2 comments:

  1. Firstly, I love the title of your blog and the picture you chose to use for you blogger profile picture! Secondly, I love books and this is a great post, I will definitely be back to visit!

    Lauren,
    http://atouchofsoutherngrace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much!!! I LOVE them, too!! Haha! Glad you stopped by!

      Delete