Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The Fault in Our Stars -John Green



Book Summary:

Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel’s story is about to be completely rewritten.


My Thoughts:

I don't know where to even start with this book. It was one of those books that forever affects you. One that you wish you'd never read so you can enjoy it for the first time all over again. First, this was my first John Green book to read. Thus it started my love affair with John Green and his writing! Second, this book is powerful... #realtalk I ugly cried, like REALLY UGLY cried, you have been warned. When the book starts out I wasn't sure if I could handle Hazel's teen angst. I wanted to grab her and tell her to chill; her Mother and Father loved her and that is why they treated her that way. Then, Augustus Waters enters the picture. I wanted them to be happy and in love from the start. I loved every moment of their love story. It was a beautiful and real (including the ugly) love story! This book is most defiantly a modern classic that should be on EVERYONE's reading list! I highly recommend it... okay... okay!!! 


Also, I feel like ALL of John Green's books have some priceless quotes in them, but I feel like this one has some GRAND ones, ENJOY...






PS... I hear these is a movie coming! 


Happy Reading, Sugars

             Jaime





No comments:

Post a Comment